cheJake

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Rainy Saturday Morning

No trip to the organic farmer's market this morning. It's raining and cold. My son Eldar reclines on the easy chair watching Star Trek. He celebrated his fifth birthday a week ago. He went yesterday to the birthday party of a classmate, a girl named Marta who also turned 5. When we left Marta's house, the little girl's mother encouraged her to kiss Eldar goodbye on the cheek. Eldar responded by kissing Marta on the cheek. This struck me as somehow inappropriate, encouraging little kids to be so physically affectionate.

My wisdom tooth was removed recently and a neighboring tooth is clearly cavity-riddled. And for some reason, there's a section of bone jetting into my mouth from the region where the wisdom tooth once was. So I've been suffering oral discomfort. I go to the dentist again on Wednesday, my third dentist so far in this ordeal. But I trust her. Her injections are not painful.

Today the plan is to place Eldar with his babysitter and for Lucia and I to celebrate her birthday with friends.

Eldar is on me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home