cheJake

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Summertime Depression

Well, dear readers, I am depressed. It's summer and Lucia and Eldar are away and there's not enough money in the bank for us to take the Turkish holiday we planned when they get back and pay all the other usual bills. What's more, there's no telling where any more money is likely to come from. I paid my subcontractors twice more than I needed to for a recent project. Had I not, there'd be money enough. Then there's the USD 1000 I sent to a young woman in an unnamed country so she could join her mother and little brother in another unnamed country. It turns out she and another brother and her father were just able to get away to yet a third unnamed country. But things are at least better for them, thank goodness.

But as a result of my generosity, I'm in a pickle for summer vacation - something I so desire. And something Lucia and Eldar would sure love.

Guess I'll meditate for an hour. Then sort things out with this phone interview . . .

1 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger therealeasye said…

    cheer up jake. you want to hear a sad story: Mike, Tim and I couldn't get McDonald's tonight at 1:00 am because the Canandaigua location does not allow walk throughs at the 24-hour drive through. we miss you, brother.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home