cheJake

Thursday, July 15, 2004

15 July

Just a quick note as this is my first blog on this page. A question that's been on my mind. We beam a laser at a spaceship near Saturn, it would arguably travel to Saturn at light speed. Once the laser has reached the craft and has been received by a phototransistor/photocapacitor fixed there, a laser is beamed back. My question, with the beams turned on and received, how long would a color or hue change take to reach the distant craft? Would it be faster than it took the laser to reach in the first place? Could a signature of this change be picked up before the full-on change? How long before? My hunch is it could take less time, perhaps a lot less. My goal of course is real time digital communication through space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home